Thursday 16 February 2012

My beloved Georgina

Hi bloggers,

I found this great sketches site this afternoon! They have an amazing design team and some awesome sketch ideas. I like the idea of this new eBook they're bringing out at the end of this month! Exciting.

So I thought I might attempt one of their sketches while scrappin' an animal photo for a change from people. I used Sketch # 193 over at Creative Scrappers.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my interpretation:


Some closeups:

Here I tried bending the paper while rolling the flower to create this rose. It took a lot longer but I really enjoy the effect. I've also folded paper and stitched over it a few times to create this look.


I stitched all around the edge of this layout to make a frame. I've also used the blotches stamp from the French Foliage set from Stampin' Up to make a soft background.



Okay, here I wanted to show the stitching I completed around the ball in the background. I decided to use a tennis ball as the circle in the sketch as George is chewing on a tennis ball in this photo. So cute!

Well I hope you all enjoyed this. Please leave any constructive feedback, I love suggestions!

till next time
...toasty




No comments:

Post a Comment