Sunday 1 April 2012

Fly Me Away

Welcome back bloggers,

This post is a project I completed last week. I was procrastinating one afternoon, hiding in the sewing room away from my textbooks and decided to attempt an off the page project from our box of off the page projects... One day I will show you all a photo of the box, there's actually about three boxes filled chocha block full of these potential projects!! One day we say...

So this item is from the Kaiser Craft range, the paper is from this ADORABLE paper range from Grace Kelly I believe?? Funny story that one, but that's for another day...

I chucked the label away that said what this was although I have a feeling it was called the desktop organiser so don't take me literally as it might be something else.

So here is the final product, isn't it cute! Just love the lightness of the papers together with the pearls and the butterflies.


Here are some closeups:


I cut out extra butterflies to have a layered effect on the side of the box. I also used Stampin' Up's stick on pearls to cover the lid holes. PERFECT SIZE!!


I tried to achieve a kind of decoupage look here however I'm not really that happy with it. I would've liked to have gone a little more extreme with the cutting out but I just hate cutting out so much that I stopped. Haha

 This is the right hand side of the box, the bird is just so cute! I bought the lacing shown here and below from a shop in Cairns called Cosi-Ma, they have the cutest bits and bobs around their joint when you dig around a little. Fantastic prices too.



I also used the stick on pearls along the sides of the box.

I hope you liked my spin on this OTP item, please let me know what things you would change or do differently.

Until next time,
..toasty

No comments:

Post a Comment