Monday 13 February 2012

Happy Anniversary :D

Well today is my second anniversary with Shaun... pretty scary, right?

I can finally reveal the mini album and tin I created for him for this special day. On the top of the tin I used the current Sketch Along Tuesdays, Sketch # 34. This entire project was completed using ONLY scraps out of our scrap paper collection boxes. The boxes are becoming to full leaving them ajar all the time. So I took up the challenge of using only scraps and it proved to be quite fun.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my interpretation:



I've been experimenting with Mum's sewing machine (and ruining her needles...) by using different decorative stitches. Lots of fun!!! You can see above that I've used stitching as a border around the top of the tin and to stitch the strips to the page.

Here you can see here I stitched hearts around the edges of the tin...



Here I've used a rub on from the Basic Grey collection which fit quite perfectly on an ID tag I found in our stash.



Here is the inside of the tin. I've used a rub on to symbolise the start of our relationship. I think it fits into the theme of the album quite nicely.


Okay, so onto the mini album inside the tin.


Here is the front of the album which you can see I've covered a chipboard frame in scrap paper then used the Stampin' Up Lattice Embossing folder to emboss the outside. In the frame I've used a rub on quote.


And some pages inside the album.


This tin took me about two hours and was nice and simple to complete. I love how the stitching binds it all together and complements the mini album inside.

I also created this anniversary card for him on Thursday. Isn't it just the cutest!?








Well I had SOOOO much fun creating this album and tin and I hope you all enjoyed viewing my creations.

till next time
...toasty

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous job on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us for our latest sketch challenge over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to do for your chap :0) Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete